Thursday, November 27, 2008

Puppet build step 2.0

Okay, had some time today to work on the foam head shape. I'm trying out the ProjectPuppet Rotondo pattern for the first time. It seems to be a good shape so far.




The photo above shows the head with a few "ears" that I pinned on just to see if I was going in the right direction.



I then carved out a rough shape for his big nose out of 3" thick block foam I had and pinned that in place. Starting to look like a human now huh?





Next I dropped in a couple of ping pong eyeballs. And now he looks kinda like the Jeep from Popeye the sailor cartoons...I'm hoping this will change once I get the flesh colored fleece over the foam.


1 comment:

Fisticuff Puppets said...

Can't wait to see how he turns out. I've always wanted to use that pattern before, but right now it's lost among the many boxes of puppet stuff we've had to leave behind when moving around...it will turn up someday I'm sure, but until then we'll improvise...