Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Puppet Build step 5.0

Well he's finally complete...well aside from picking out the seams more. Viktor was probably my longest build (maybe a close second to Fang). This is the first attempt to build a "human" character. I find them a bit more challenging to do. You have more liberties with other creatures. We all know what a human character is supposed to look like, so for me it limits how far you can push the envelope. I mean with monsters or animals I feel you can stretch your creativity further. Who knows...maybe it's just me...LOL

Here is a couple of pics of Viktor finished.



These pics don't show it, but he has a neat feature to his right eye. When I came up with this character in the initial design process, I had sketched him with a wall-eyed look. So, I designed his one eye on an axis so I can move it around while operating him...it's kinda neat. I'll have to post a quick video showing this feature.


1 comment:

Arturo Abad said...

Hello, My name is arturo and i live in granada, spain. sorry my english is not very good. I see your web and is beatifoul, thankyou for the tutorial, I have did a puppet whit it. Can i ask a question?, How the neck joins the body?, If sewing is not moving. Maybe it is not suture?.

Thank you

my mail is tury56@hotmail.com